Junior highs....
Ugh...thinking of my junior high days gave me a shiver....not that I had any bad experiences (well, someone stealing my binder with a French project in it that had to be handed in soon counts, right? he he). 'Cause I have good friends that I still meet up with from those Yorkland days, which are mostly filled with great memories. But I guess it was a difficult time personally and emotionally. So when I found out our college/university fellowship was going to be helping out with the junior high group at church yesterday, I knew I didn't really want to be helping out....but ended up guilt-tripping myself into going. I think I partly went because I hadn't been to fellowship in a few weeks and I could feel my dad was getting a little suspicious (um, maybe antsy is a better word) about that. But what am I supposed to do...fellowship is so dry sometimes (but that's another story). Anyways, the gym night we organized went better than I hoped. There were so many junior highs! My goodness. I'm sure we all had fun playing "bok sor gwah" (that memory name game where there's someone in the middle bonking ppl on the head if they don't think of a name fast enough), "dai fung cheuy" (the "wind blows" game where ppl have to get up and switch seats), and other silly games, besides pick-up sports at the end. It was neat to see quite a few of my former campers too...my, how they've grown.
So junior highs aren't as scary as they look, =) but I think my calling and passion is still with the little kids Grade 6 and under, through education and/or social work. Pray that God would continue to reveal to me the most fulfilling direction in life that He has in store for me, and that I would make wise choices.
So junior highs aren't as scary as they look, =) but I think my calling and passion is still with the little kids Grade 6 and under, through education and/or social work. Pray that God would continue to reveal to me the most fulfilling direction in life that He has in store for me, and that I would make wise choices.
